Content may be king, but images are powerful. A well designed website can be improved by appropriate use of quality images.
There are a number of places where one can find images that one may use to complement a website or article:
Stockxpert has an excellent set and is probably the best place to start
- their photographers are vetted
- the photo’s are excellently tagged and categorised to enable searching in a variety of ways. the lightboxes help you bookmark and save.
- the prices are reasonable, and the images are royalty free.
- Note that you cannot use the material for resale – check and understand their standard license
Flickr is also a possibility, although since it is not primarily focused on providing stock images, it will probably be harder to find suitable images. Here you must ensure that you
- use the advanced search criteria to select only those images with the appropriate license
- check the specific image license and follow the terms (ag: attribution)
- the tagging and categorisation are not designed for our purposes