We’ve been with icdsoft.com for more than 10 years now and are very happy.
- Professional style especially when compared to hosts such as godaddy.com, with it’s constant upsell.
- Good combination of services and the prices are reasonable.
- No performance problems with my host so far – with my local ISP! or to the damaged undersea cable yes, but not to Icdsoft. They are also one of the few who are transparent about their uptime status:
- Good support – They usually respond within minutes. Support is via web and email, however so good when I have had a query, that this has been infinitely better than hanging on the end of a phone line. Once when the undersea cable between Australia and Japan was damaged and much Australian web traffic was slowed down, ICDSOFT moved our websites promptly to the US, to make for speedier access from Australia. Access from elsewhere in the world was not affected.
- Server Locations. For many hosting services, it is only if you specifically ask that you discover the servers are not where you think they are. ICDSoft allows you to choose your servers location. Their servers are in various places, but not Australia. The other Australian hosts that I have had dealing with also do not have servers in Australia.
- But location and local SEO? If you have a non local domain name (eg: .com) and you wish to rank locally in say UK and Australia, then this can be managed via the search engine webmaster tools. One simply tells Google how to “localise” your website. I will do this for you as part of our arrangement. Of course, there is also the Google local business centre.